Municipal Waste Management
Easton's Curbside Trash and Recycling Program: Join Today!
(Updated May 7, 2013) Effective July 1, 2013: Due to the increasing cost of waste collection and disposal, the quarterly fee for Waste Management will increase by $5.00 to $70.00 per quarter. All other additional charges, such as that for an extra waste barrel, will remain the same.
Bulky Item Pick up the Week of March 25, 2013. The “Bulky Item Pickup Week” provided by Waste Management for customers in the town’s program will be the week of March 25th. Please have your bulky item out at 7 a.m. with your regular trash on your regular pick up day. No scheduling is necessary. A list of acceptable items is available on the town’s website. If you have any questions, please call the DPW at 508-230-0888.
Call: (508) 230-0800
Benefits of Waste Management
- Priced at $280 annually, Waste Management will save you over $100 per year compared to other waste collection programs.
- A 64-gallon trash bin is accompanied by a 96-gallon recycling bin (the largest available from any provider)
- Bulky item pick up available twice annually.
- For a comprehensive list of benefits, please click here.
To access the previous version of this web-page, click here.
Disposal of Leaves, Yard Waste
Now that spring is here, many will be dealing with yard waste left behind by winter storms. Yard waste has been banned from solid waste disposal facilities by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for many years. Therefore you cannot simply put the leaves out with the trash.
Residents who don’t hire landscapers to rake and dispose of their leaves have a couple of options.
1. Compost your leaves. Composting is relatively easy and takes less space than you think. Composting is environmentally beneficial because it provides nutrients for your garden and is economical. Click here for a guide to composting at home.
2. Take your leaves to a site that has been registered with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Click here for a list of sites in the region.
Unfortunately, there are no registered sites in Easton.
Remember, it is never ok to dump yard waste near a wetland or body of water.