Easton Sewer District
Update: March 2013 - The Town of Easton has created a page specifically for weekly information updates throughout the construction of the north easton village infrastructure project. For the most up to date information, including construction updates and scheduling for your neighborhood, please visit the weekly update page.
The Town of Easton voted at the 2010 Annual Town Meeting to adopt the Easton Sewer District which is comprised of the five areas of highest need for wastewater treatment. Annual Town Meeting also voted to design and permit the North Easton Village Wastewater Collection System to provide sewer service to a portion of North Easton Village. The Town of Easton’s Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan (2004) identifies North Easton Village as the top ranked “needs area” and recommends a municipal sewer system due to the density of existing development, its location within the Aquifer Protection District and the high rate of septic failures. The sewer treatment facility proposed for the redevelopment of the Ames Shovel Works complex will provide Easton with the ability to provide sewer treatment capacity to portions of North Easton Village and is part of the Town’s initial step in creating a municipal sewer system.
Construction for this project is set to begin in April of 2013.
The Town held a public information session on Tuesday, May 10, 2011 at 7:00 pm at the Easton Middle School Auditorium in order to provide an update on the North Easton Village Wastewater Treatment Facility and Collection System project. The meeting included a discussion on State grant opportunities to assist with the completion of the sewer project and related utility and streetscape improvements for North Easton Village.
The Town held public information sessions on Thursday, October 7 and October 26, 2010 in order to give residents a progress update, receive public input and answer questions. To see the PowerPoint presentations, please visit the links below. Summaries of questions and answers from both meetings are also available for review. These documents are a summary of the various questions received and answers given at the information sessions.
July 7, 2011 - Request for Bids North Easton Village Wastewater Treatment Plan & Sewer Project , Contract 1
Please note: Hard copies of the publications listed below are available for your review at the Planning & Community Development Department, 136 Elm St. N. Easton. Please see Pam Almeida, Principal Clerk, 2nd Fl., end of the hall.
- Warrant for Annual Town Meeting May 17, 2010 approving the Easton Sewer District and funding for the design and permitting of the North Easton Village Wastewater Collection System (Articles 18, 19 & 20)
- Warrant for Special Town Meeting April 5, 2010 approving the Ames Shovel Works Complex Treatment Facility Funding (Article 3)
- Department of Environmental Protection State Revolving Fund
Project Approval Certificate
- Sewer Project Progress Report to Board of Selectmen, Sept. 27, 2010
- Notice of Project Change-Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan,
October 15, 2010
- Phase 1 Waiver - Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan,
October 15, 2010
- Approved location of North Easton Village Sewer Collection System, approved by the Board of Selectmen on November 29, 2010
- Secretary's Certificate on the Notice of Project Change
December 29, 2010
- Draft Record of Decision on Phase
1 Waiver Request
December 29, 2010
Final Record of Decision on Phase 1 Waiver request
January 21, 2011
For additional information please contact the Planning & Community Development Department at (508) 230-0630 or email email@example.com.