Information for Applicants
Our Council will prioritize grant applications that encourage community members to expand the arts, humanities and sciences and specifically grants that cater to unmet cultural needs within Easton. Preference will be given to Easton performances, events, artists and organizations based in Easton.
While grants applications and support materials can be filed online as of September 1st, 2016 the Easton Cultural Council will also accept paper applications via mail to the address below, postmarked no later than October 17th, 2016.
Easton Town Offices
Attn: Cultural Council
136 Elm Street
North Easton, MA 02356
POLICY FOR OUTSTANDING GRANTS
After 12 months from the date of notification of their grant approval, if the Easton Cultural Council has not received the entire reimbursement paperwork for the approved project, a letter will be sent to the grant recipient.
Applicants can be:
1. Arts, humanities or interpretive science organizations
2. Individuals including artists, science educators, historians, writers or other humanists, parents, community members, etc .
3. Community organizations including but not limited to schools, social service organizations, civic groups, neighborhood centers, youth, senior and family associations, etc. Incorporated organizations must be nonprofit; unincorporated associations must have a nonprofit purpose.
4. Proposals must state a performance date, confirmed artist and venue to be considered
5. No more than two applications may be submitted on behalf of each organization per fiscal year.
6. Preference will be given to performances, events, artists and organizations based in Easton.
The purpose of the Easton Cultural Council is to support local public programs that promote access, education, diversity and excellence in the arts, humanities and interpretive sciences in Easton.
Applications must be received by October 16, 2017 and submitted online at https://www.mass-culture.org/Easton
- 1. Payments are made on a reimbursement basis only. Funds are provided for projects taking place from July of the current year until December of the following year.
- 2. Reimbursements may take 8 to 10 weeks.
- 3. Applicants will receive a reimbursement form to be used for the payment request. Final reimbursement will not be made until the project is completed. This form can also be accessed through this link: http://www.massculturalcouncil.org/contracts/lccreim.pdf
- 4. Due to limited funding from the state, the Council may award only partial amounts.
- 5. Reimbursement requests must be submitted within 1 year from the date of the approval notification.
- 6. If your organization is denied and you feel that the decision was in error, there is an appeal process. The information regarding this process will be included with the denial letter that you will receive in late October/November.
GRANT MODIFICATION POLICY
Any changes made to an approved grant application must be submitted to the Easton Cultural Council in writing (email or hard copy) for approval. Such changes include modifications to the following:
- Date of the proposed project
- Location of the proposed project
- Cancellation of project
Changes to an approved grant application could result in a re-evaluation of the application. After review, the council will inform the applicant of their decision to approve or deny the modified application.
All advertising for a funded project must acknowledge the support of the Easton Cultural Council by a written or verbal credit statement or by use of the Massachusetts Cultural Council logo available from the MCC website – massculturalcouncil.org. Failure to do so may jeopardize future funding.
More information is available at www.mass-culture.org. Click on the ‘local cultural council’ tab.