Forms & Permit Applications
Building online permitting instructions - REVISED January 2017:
1. Pumbing/Gas Inspector inspects Monday, Wednesday, Friday between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm.
2. After filing a permit application, continually log back in - and ALWAYS refresh your browser, to see updated status of your application.
3. AFTER the inspector has reviewed (approved) your application, status will change to "ready for payment." Following online payment, the permit does not issue automatically, the inspector needs to see payment and then permit will be issued.
4. Refresh your browser. WHEN YOUR PERMIT HAS ISSUED, YOU CAN PRINT FROM YOUR COMPUTER, you do not have to come to Town Hall.
5. After the permit has issued you, you may submit electronically or call for an inspection. Please do not request an inspection until your permit has issued.
|To apply for a permit (or to log back in to your account) click here. For first time applicants please read computer requirements below BEFORE you register.
To view the public record of issued permits (and pending applications) click here. Please note our online database has building permits issued from 2004 to present. Other permits, such as plumbing, gas, electrical, etc. as of October 2014.
First Time Registration: Contractors, electricians, plumbers, and gas fitters, who are submitting permit applications - and homeowners who are applying for a building permit - can now submit applications online. The whole process is automated and paperless. The first step is to register and set up an account. This will take less than five minutes and will save time when submitting a permit application. Please note that payment for permits will be made online with a check routing number and account number or Master Card/Discover/Visa. Important! Please be sure to use one of the supported browsers (this list appears when you register). The program is not compatible with Apple product browsers. Update your browser. Your pop up blocker must be "off" when you enter and submit a permit application. You pay online after the inspector reviews your permit and approves the fee; you will be notified via email when your application is ready for payment. After the permit is issued, you can log on and print your permit. Call (508) 230-0581 with any questions.
Ready for inspection? You may request an inspection using our online permitting system or by calling (508) 230-0581.
Installing a shed? A full building permit is needed for a shed that exceeds 120 sq. ft. Even if you will not be obtaining a building permit for your shed you must meet setbacks. If you do not have your site plan, please email email@example.com for a scanned copy. Don't forget to include your address! Please also contact Conservation to see if you might have any wetlands or other related concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org. As of 1/1/2015, the fee for a shed is .75 per sq ft.