Regulations & Applications
As of May 20, 2015 the Easton Planning Department has transitioned to online permitting. ALL applications to the Easton Planning and Zoning Board must now be submitted online.
Click HERE to submit a new application. All new applicants must also first REGISTER. Please call the Planning Department at 508-230-0591 for assistance.
Click HERE to access the public view of current applications.
Easton is divided into several zoning districts (residential, industrial, etc.), as reflected in the Zoning Map. The Zoning Bylaw is a legally binding Town policy that regulates use, density, dimensions and other features of development in Easton. The Map and Bylaw were most recently updated by residents at Town Meeting on May 19, 2014.
Easton Planning & Zoning Board
- Application Fees & Consulting Costs
- Planning & Zoning Board Administrative Rules & Regulations
- These include:
- Rules for Submission of Documents
- Site Plan Guidelines
- Rules and Regulations for the Issuance of Special Permits
- Subdivision Rules & Regulations
- Plan Approval Authority Rules & Regulations (Queset district only)
- Affordable Housing Guidelines (Inclusionary Zoning)
Easton Conservation Commission
- Downloadable Applications
- Guide to Wetlands Regulations
- A summary of Easton wetlands regulations
- Regulations for Use of Land Managed by the Conservation Commission
- Easton Bylaw Chapter 227 (Wetlands Protection)
- Easton Bylaw Chapter 503 (Wetlands Protection Regulations)
Easton Historical Commission
Massachusetts State Policies
- Highway Access Permits - State information for any work within the right-of-way of State Numbered Routes
- Chapter 40A: The Zoning Act
- Chapter 40B: Comprehensive Permit Law (Note: Comprehensive permits are reviewed by Easton's Board of Appeals, not the Planning and Zoning Board). See also Easton's FAQ on Chapter 40B.
- Chapter 40R: Smart Growth Zoning and Housing Production
- Chapter 41, Section 81: Municipal Planning & Subdivision Legislation
- Chapter 44B: The Community Preservation Act
- Architectural Access Board Rules & Regulations
Massachusetts Environmental Policies
- Chapter 131, Section 40: Removal, fill, dredging or altering of land bordering waters
- 310 CMR 10.00 Wetlands Protection
- Rivers Protection Act
- 310 CMR 12.00: Areas of Critical Environmental Concern