Burning Permits 2016
Easton Fire Department Burning Permits 2016
- Burning permits will be available at Station 3, 413 Bay Road in the front lobby beginning January 12, 2016 8:00 AM through 7:00 PM
- For questions regarding open burning please call 508-230-0750 or visit Easton.ma.us for further information under the Fire Department page.
- Permits are only valid between 1/15/2016 and 5/1/2016
- Burning shall only be allowed between the hours of 10AM through 4PM, you cannot start a fire after 3 PM
- Permission must be obtained for each day of burning by calling (508)230-0788. Do not call before 8:30AM. This is a recorded line please leave your permit number after the message.
- Open air burning may be halted at any time due to weather conditions. You will hear a message on the recorded line that there is no burning in the Town of Easton
- The Fire Department may revoke any permit at any time for failure to follow the Open Air burning Rules
- The permit does not release any party from damage liability
- You are allowed to burn brush, cane, driftwood and forestry debris except from commercial or industrial land clearing operations from January 15th through May 1st under the following conditions:
- Burning must be at least 75 feet from all dwellings
- Burning must be carried out between 10am and 4pm
- Burning must take place on land closest to the source of material to be burned
- Fire must be attended at all times by permit applicant or designee
- Prohibited from open burning:
- Grass, hay, leaves, and/or stumps or tires also any brush, trees, cane, and driftwood from any commercial or institutional land clearing operations.
- Violators shall be punished by a fine of not more than $500 plus the cost of suppression or by imprisonment for not more than one month or both.