Easton's Curbside Trash and Recycling Program: Join Today!
Call Waste Management at (800)-972-4545 to arrange for special pickups (TV's, appliances, bagster)
HELP KEEP COSTS DOWN - RECYCLE SMART
Remember not everything is allowed in your single stream recycling bin.
Municipal trash and recycling
Effective January 1, 2019 the annual fee for the program will be $320 ($80 per quarter).
Benefits of Waste Management
- A 64-gallon trash bin is accompanied by a 96-gallon recycling bin (the largest available from any provider), each picked up weekly.
- Bulky item pick up available 6 times per year.
Disposal of leaves and yard waste
Yard waste has been banned from solid waste disposal facilities by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for many years. Therefore you cannot simply put the leaves out with the trash.
Residents who don’t hire landscapers to rake and dispose of their leaves have a couple of options.
1. Compost your leaves. Composting is relatively easy and takes less space than you think. Composting is environmentally beneficial because it provides nutrients for your garden and is economical. Click here for a guide to composting at home.
2. Take your leaves to a site that has been registered with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection. Unfortunately, there are no registered sites in Easton. Also, please remember that it is never okay to dump yard waste in or near a wetland or body of water.
Bridgewater Farm Supply, 1000 Plymouth Street, Bridgewater, MA 02379
(508) 697-0357 - Leaves and Brush - $10/yard
South Ridge Farm & Nursery, 399 South Street, Walpole, MA 02181
(508) 668-0401 - Leaves and Brush - $11/yard