Welcome to the Commission on Disability Web Page
Residents who would like more information on the subject of enabling residents with disabilities, and on various commission initiatives, are welcome to attend the Commission's monthly meetings, on the second Thursday of every month at 7:00 p.m. in the Colleen Corona Meeting Room, 1st Floor at Town Hall, 136 Elm Street. We do not meet in July or August.
WHO WE ARE:
In response to the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), we were established in 2007 to assist with compliance in Easton. We are a team of residents who have volunteered to take on this responsibility through appointment by the Board of Selectmen. Members are either persons with disabilities or closely tied to individuals with disabilities.
We are always looking for new members committed to the work we do. If membership on the Commission interests you, please call Town Hall at 508-230-0510 or click here for more information.
WHAT WE DO:
- Research local problems of people with disabilities;
- Advise and assist town officials and employees in ensuring compliance with state and federal laws and regulations that affect people with disabilities;
- Coordinate or carry out programs designed to meet the problems of people with disabilities in coordination with programs of the Massachusetts Office on Disability;
- Review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities and facilities of departments, boards and agencies of the Town as they affect people with disabilities;
- Provide information, referrals, guidance and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses and organizations in all matters pertaining to disability; and
- Coordinate activities of other local groups organized for similar purposes.
For More Information:
Statewide information can be found at: The Massachusetts Office on Disability
Resources offered by your local independent living center: Independence Associates
|Antal Basa Jr||Vice Chair||2021|
|Kevin Greiner||ADA Coordinator|