Getting a flu vaccine is more important than ever during 2020-2021 to protect yourself, your family and your community from flu. A flu vaccine this season can help reduce the burden on our healthcare systems responding to the COVID-19 pandemic and save medical resources for care of COVID-19 patients. Additional information can be found on this topic by visiting CDC’s website.
We have arranged for CVS to provide an opportunity for residents age three years and older to receive a flu vaccine this year. All clinics will be at Frothingham Hall, 15 Barrows Street.
Please use the provided links to pre-register for a date and time. The link below will allow you to complete necessary documents and receive email reminders about the vaccine clinic. Please be prepared to enter any insurance information you have.
We have scheduled the following clinics for any Easton resident, three years of age and older, who would like to get a flu vaccine.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2020 from 1 PM to 5 PM: Clinic Registration Link: Click here to register
- JUST ADDED - Saturday, November 21, 2020 from 10 AM to 2 PM: Clinic Registration Link: Click here to register
Flu Clinic Check List:
- Don't forget a face covering. Wearing it throughout your visit is required.
- Wear short sleeves. Wearing short sleeves makes getting a shot easier and faster. If you must wear long sleeves, dress in layers with the short sleeves underneath.
- Bring your insurance information and cards to the clinic.
One of our best defenses against seasonal flu is the use of a flu vaccine. The vaccine provides protection against four strains expected to be the most prevelent each year. It takes up to 2 weeks for protection to develop after the shot. Protection lasts about one year. The CDC recommends continuing vaccination with seasonal influenza vaccine for the following reasons:
• The timing, spread and severity influenza viruses is uncertain. Flu outbreaks may occur in different places at different times.
• Outbreaks may occur in waves of 6-week to 8-week time periods. These waves of influenza may occur over several months or years. Different people may be affected during each wave.
• Flu season can last as late as May. It’s possible that other waves of influenza activity may occur this flu season.
Please call Easton BOH at 508-230-0620 with any questions.