Interim Inspection Policy during COVID-19 Declared State of Emergency
Building online permitting instructions:
Fee Schedules: Click here. If you already have an account, be sure to update license(s) & workers comp info by clicking on the link on your home page that says "EDIT PROFILE." After updating, please be sure to hit "submit." For the permitting website use Firefox or Chrome. DO NOT use Internet Explorer. It is not Safari (Apple) compatible.
To apply for a permit (or to log back into your account) click here.
- Plumbing/Gas Inspector inspects Mon/Wed/Friday, between 12:00 pm and 2:00 pm. Request an inspection after your permit issues by calling - (508) 230-0581 or log in to your account and click on the link "request an inspection."
- Wire Inspector inspects Monday through Thursday, between 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. Request an inspection after your permit issues by calling (508) 230-0586 or log in to your account and click on the link "request an inspection."
1. New Users, please first read the detailed Registration instructions towards the bottom of this page.
2. After filing a permit application, continually log back in - and ALWAYS refresh your browser, to see updated status of your application. If you are new to the system, READ THE DIRECTIONS on your homescreen explaining how the system works.
3. AFTER the inspector has reviewed (approved) your application, status will change to "ready for payment." Following online payment, the permit does not issue automatically, the inspector needs to see payment and then permit will be issued.
4. Refresh your browser. WHEN YOUR PERMIT HAS ISSUED, YOU CAN PRINT FROM YOUR COMPUTER, you do not have to come to Town Hall.
5. After the permit has issued you, you may submit an inspection request electronically or you can call for an inspection (508) 230-0581. Please do not request an inspection until your permit has issued. After your inspection request has been entered into our system, you will be able to see it has been scheduled.
Public record of issued permits & pending applications (Please note the online database has building permits issued from 2004 to present. Other permits, such as plumbing, gas, electrical, etc. as of October 2014).
First Time Registration and online permitting instructions:
The online permitting process is completely automated and paperless. The first step is to register and set up an account. Visit our website at www.easton.ma.us. At the top of your screen, choose the menu item “Businesses” and then from the drop down, “licenses/permits.” Then from the multi-department page, from the CENTER of the PAGE (not the sidebar), select paragraph B) Building. Follow the links.
IMPORTANT! Please be sure to use one of the supported browsers (this list appears when you register). Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox are the recommended browsers for accessing PermitEyes. DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER. MAC & IPhone USERS: THE program is NOT Safari compatible. If you use an Apple product, you must use one of the Android compatible browsers as noted. Update your browser. Your pop up blocker must be "off" when you enter and submit a permit application.
Once you have registered, please READ THE INSTRUCTIONS ON YOUR HOME SCREEN EXPLAINING THE PROCESS. Once you have registered, you will log back in and click on the upper left tab “Apply for New Permit.” If you attempt to submit your application and you have missed a required field, you will receive a pop up message noting you have missed entering some required data. Once your application is submitted - click on the "i" to work with your permit application. Remember to refresh your browser whenever you log in to check on the status of your permit application. Permit applications are addressed quickly, but please allow at least 48 hours for your application to be reviewed.
The inspector will use the “chat” feature or email you to let you know if he needs additional information or documents to be uploaded. You can chat back by clicking on the bubble icon. Building permit applicants: Be sure to click on the link next to “checklist.” You pay online after the inspector reviews your permit and sets the status to “Ready for Payment.” Log back in and you can pay online with an online check (your check routing number and account number) - or Master Card/Visa/Discover Card. Be sure after you click on the pay button, your screen is maximized to see all fields. After the permit is issued, you can log into your account and print your permit. You do not have to come to Town Hall to pick up your permit.
Make a note of your id and password. Call (508) 230-0581 with any questions. Thank you!
Lot Size and Setback (Front, Rear, Side distance requirements to property lines) requirements: Click here.
Installing a shed? A full building permit is needed for a shed that exceeds 200 sq. ft. (residential zone) or 120 sq. ft (business zone) (9th Edition of 780 CMR). Even if you will not be obtaining a building permit for your shed you must meet setbacks (5 ft. from rear and side property lines). Please also contact Conservation to see if you might have any wetlands or other related concerns email firstname.lastname@example.org. As of 1/1/2015, the fee for a shed is .75 per sq ft.