What is the Department of Planning & Economic Development?
The Planning & Economic Development Department serves the people of the Town of Easton by helping the town shape, coordinate and act on plans that address both the short-range and long-range physical, social, and economic development needs of the town assuring growth and development in Easton is consistent with:
- A sustainable vibrant community
- Creating housing options for Easton residents at all income levels;
- Enhancing agricultural and recreational opportunities in Easton;
- Providing for safe and efficient transportation options;
- Preserving Easton's historic and environmental resources.
The Department administers state and local law related to development, responds to resident inquiries, maintains records and supports a number of boards and commissions. Comprised of citizen volunteers, these groups include:
- Affordable Housing Trust,
- Agricultural Commission,
- Community Preservation Commission,
- Conservation Commission,
- Economic Development Council,
- Historical Commission,
- Planning & Zoning Board,
- Zoning Board of Appeals;