North Easton Sewer - History
The Town of Easton voted at the 2010 Annual Town Meeting to adopt the Easton Sewer District which is comprised of the five areas of highest need for wastewater treatment. Annual Town Meeting also voted to design and permit the North Easton Village Wastewater Collection System to provide sewer service to a portion of North Easton Village (this construction took place during 2013 and is now complete). The Town of Easton’s Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan (2004) identifies North Easton Village as the top ranked “needs area” and recommends a municipal sewer system due to the density of existing development, its location within the Aquifer Protection District and the high rate of septic failures. The sewer treatment facility located in the redeveloped Ames Shovel Works complex provides Easton with the ability to provide sewer treatment capacity to portions of North Easton Village and is part of the Town’s initial step in creating a municipal sewer system.
Publications and Documents
Please note: Hard copies of the publications listed below are available for your review at the Planning & Economic Development Department, 136 Elm St. N. Easton. Please see Keith Eldridge, Principal Clerk, 2nd Floor.
- Presentation: Final Betterment Assessments for the NEV Sewer District: August 18, 2014: Presentation available here.
- Secretary of Environmental and Energy Affairs - Certificate of the Easton Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan FEIR Certificate June 9, 2014
- Phase IV Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan FEIR (Final Environmental Impact Report)Phase IV/FEIR: April 2, 2014 [notice: large file 220 MB - recommended to download / right click "save as" rather than open in browser]
- Notice of Project Change - Phase One Waiver Request: December 12, 2013
- Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan FEIR Update Presentation: December 16, 2013
- Comprehensive Wastewater Management Plan DEIR Update Presentation: January 14, 2013
- Easton Sewer District Map as of 2014: Click here
Warrant for Annual Town Meeting May 17, 2010 approving the Easton Sewer District and funding for the design and permitting of the North Easton Village Wastewater Collection System (Articles 18, 19 & 20)
Warrant for Special Town Meeting April 5, 2010 approving the Ames Shovel Works Complex Treatment Facility Funding (Article 3)